A large part of the United States will be experiencing extreme heat conditions (high heat and humidity with the temperatures above 90 degrees for several days) in the coming days and weeks.
Take steps to prepare and stay safe. Extreme heat can be dangerous for all, but especially for older adults and people with chronic conditions.
Here are some tips for coping with extreme heat from Ready.gov.
• Find air conditioning.
• Avoid strenuous activities.
• Watch for heat illness.
• Wear light clothing.
• Check on family members and neighbors.
• Drink plenty of fluids.
• Watch for heat cramps, heat exhaustion, and heatstroke.
• Never leave people or pets in a closed car.
Please click here for more details: HEAT ADVISORY
If you or an aging loved-one are considering hiring Home Care in Northbrook, IL, call the caring staff at LifeCare Home Health & In-Home Services. Call (888) 606-4199 LifeCare serves all of the Chicago Metro Area.
Since then, LifeCare has grown to become a recognized and trusted leader in the comprehensive post-acute care services at home amongst our clients, patients and healthcare providers in the Chicagoland area. By combining medical and supportive care at home with innovative technologies we are enabling our clients to live safer and happier lives in the comfort of their home.
Latest posts by Walter & Jane Shekman, Owners (see all)
- What Can Cause Dementia Behaviors? - November 15, 2019
- Sundowners and the Causes Everyone Should Know About - November 8, 2019
- Lifestyle Tips for Hypothyroidism - October 30, 2019