We have a full-time job opportunity for an experienced Home Health Clinical manager in our Northbrook office! If you are looking to make a positive change in your professional life and the lives of the patients let us know! Contact us to learn more about this opportunity!
Email your resume to Recruiting@lifecareus.com or call us at (847) 205-4444 Today!
See Job Listing and Application HERE: Home Health Clinical Manager (RN)
Job Description Summary
The Clinical Manager is responsible for the oversight of all personnel and all patient care services provided by LifeCare Home Health, whether directly or under an arrangement, to meet patient care needs. The supervision of LifeCare personnel would include assigning personnel, qualifications, and developing personnel policies.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Coordinates and oversees all direct and indirect patient services provided by clinical organization personnel. Provides guidance and counseling to Case Managers to assist them in continually improving all aspects of home health care services, provided through organization personnel.
- Responsible for managing clinical teams and planning.
- Provides help in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient and family/caregiver care to all clinical personnel as indicated.
- Interprets operational indicators to detect census changes and increases or decreases in volume, which could influence staffing levels, revenues or expenses.
- Evaluates performance of clinical personnel.
- Assists clinical personnel to develop skills and techniques in evaluating the performance of clinicians.
Conducts clinician performance evaluations annually, or more frequently if indicated.
- Oversees the maintenance of patient clinical records, statistics, reports, and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
Assists Executive Director/ Administrator in the maintenance of adequate and appropriate inventory supplies and equipment for the provision of patient services.
- Assists Executive Director/ Administrator in development, implementation and evaluation of the orientation program for new organization personnel. Responsible for orientation of new organization personnel, either directly or by delegating to another staff member.
- Assists Executive Director/ Administrator in planning, implementing in-service, and continuing education programs to meet education and training needs of organization personnel.
- Assists Executive Director/ Administrator with the evaluation of organization performance via performance improvement program, productivity, quarterly and annual reviews. Assures for the quality and safe delivery of home health services provided through the Organization.
- Assists Executive Director/ Administrator in the development of organization goals, development, and administration of Organization policies and procedures.
- Assists Executive Director/ Administrator with compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification of organization personnel and, maintains compliance with the Joint Commission Home Care standards.
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home health care; shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
- Promotes home health referrals in the healthcare community.
- In the absence of the Executive Director/Administrator, the Clinical Manager will become the acting Executive Director/Administrator and will be vested with authority to act in behalf of the Executive Director/Administrator.
- If functioning as Clinical Manager, would provide oversight of all patient care services and personnel including making patient and personnel assignments; coordinating patient care; coordinating referrals; assuring patient needs are continually assessed: and assuring the development, implementation, and updates of the individualized plan of care.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director/Administrator.
- A licensed registered nurse
- Three years of management experience in a home health or related health care organization.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional administrative personnel.
- Ability to market and deal tactfully with customers and the community.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or
- Organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of business management, governmental regulations and Joint Commission standards.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Management: 2 years
Since then, LifeCare has grown to become a recognized and trusted leader in the comprehensive post-acute care services at home amongst our clients, patients and healthcare providers in the Chicagoland area. By combining medical and supportive care at home with innovative technologies we are enabling our clients to live safer and happier lives in the comfort of their home.
Latest posts by Walter & Jane Shekman, Owners (see all)
- August 26 is National Dog Day – Can Elder Care Help Dad Keep His Dog? - August 16, 2018
- Tips for Communicating with an ALS Patient - August 10, 2018
- LifeCareGiver Transitional Program - August 9, 2018